lic. iur. Franziska Rhiner
After graduating at University of Zurich, Franziska Rhiner worked for about three years as a court clerk at Horgen District Court. Thereafter, she joined Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law in the Litigation Department, from 2012 on as a Senior Associate. In the process, she worked on complex, mostly international disputes, predominantly in business law, and represented clients before state courts and arbitral tribunals. Besides her activity as an attorney, Franziska Rhiner holds office as a substitute judge. During an internship with an Australian barrister in Melbourne, she acquired knowledge of common law. Since 2013 Franziska Rhiner is founding partner of RKR Attorneys at Law in Zurich. She is registered in the Register of Attorneys.
Offices and functions
Substitute judge at Horgen District Court.
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
Area of practice
Franziska Rhiner is specializing in litigation both before state courts and arbitral tribunals and advises clients in German and English. She practices exclusively in the areas of dispute resolutions and procedural law. Her special know-how includes provisional measures, freezing of assets in Switzerland, including those of foreign states, enforcement of foreign judgments in Switzerland as well as matrimonial and divorce lawsuits related to foreign matters. Further, her expertise includes commercial and general contract law, labor law and debt enforcement and bankruptcy law.
- 2019: Review of decision by Swiss Federal Supreme Court: BGer 4A_29/2019: Admissibility of a negative declaration counter-claim despite different types of proceedings; development of case law, in AJP 2019 p. 1221-1224 (in collaboration with Marc Wohlgemuth)
- 2018: Review of decision by Swiss Federal Supreme Court: BGer 4A_576/2016: Relevancy of parallel proceedings in negative declaration counter-claims, in AJP 2018 p. 111-117 (in collaboration with Marc Wohlgemuth) download PDF
- 2017: It's Christmas time: Wages, year-end bonuses and gratuities - all unclear?, in Rechtssicher Edition 01 dec. 2017/jan. 2018, p. 3-6 (in collaboration with Tanja Knezevic) download PDF
Since 2013Partner at RKR Attorneys at Law
2012Article Clerk for Nicholas Pane QC, Isaacs Chambers in Melbourne
Since 2011Substitute judge at Horgen District Court.
2008-2012Attorney at Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, from 2012 on as Senior Associate
2008Admission to the Bar
2005-2008Court clerk at Horgen District Court
2004Graduating as lic. iur. at University of Zurich